Manuscript Titles in the Thomas Merton Collection
Recent additions to the manuscript collections
- M. Berchmans, Mother, 1876-1915
- Mabillon and Rancé. Notes.
- Macarius and the pony
- Macedonius, Saint, d. 430
- Machine gun in the fallout shelter, The
- Macquarrie, John
- Maedoc, of Ferns, Saint, d. ca. 626
- Makhlouf, Sharbel, Saint, 1828-1898
- Malachy, Saint, 1094?-1148
- Malcolm X
- Mallorca eremitica, by un Ermitano
- Man as God's image and likeness. Excerpt from The new man.
- Man in the sycamore tree, The. Novel by Thomas Merton.
- Man is a gorilla with a gun : reflections on a best seller. Review of African genesis, by Robert Ardrey.
- Man the master
- Man, the mind-making animal
- Manifestation of conscience and spiritual direction
- Man's spirit in bondage. Excerpt from The new man.
- Mansions of the spirit : essays in literature and religion. Edited by George A. Panichas.
- Manual de ermitanos, Un; by Garcia M. Columbás. Yermo 3 (1965).
- Many faces of existentialism
- Marcel and Buddha : a metaphysics of enlightenment, by Sally Donnelly. Foreword.
- Marcel, Gabriel, 1889-1973
- Mariale of Adam of Perseigne, The : Our Lady and the hidden life
- Marie-Joseph Cassant : moine et prêtre de l'Abbaye Cistercienne Sainte-Marie du Désert, mort en odeur de sainteté, le 17 juin 1903.
- Maritain, Raïssa
- Mark, the Hermit, d. ca. 430
- Martha, Mary and Lazarus : Action and Contemplation in Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Martínez, Germán
- Martin's predicament : or Atlas watches every evening
- Marty, Martin E., 1928-
- Martyr for peace and unity, A : Father Max Josef Metzger (1887-1944)
- Martyr to the Nazis, A: The Prison Journals of Father Alfred Delp, S.J.
- Marxism and contemplative life. Notes.
- Marxism and monastic perspectives
- Marxist theory and monastic theoria. Conference delivered at Bangkok, December 10, 1968.
- Mass communications, by Wilbur Hugh Ferry and Harry Scott Ashmore. Notes.
- Material for a book of essays
- Material for retreat conferences : profession, minor orders, major orders. Given at the Scholasticate, Abbey of Gethsemani, 1951-1955.
- Matter of Zen, The
- Matthei, Mauro
- Mature conscience, The (in collaboration with John Eudes Bamberger, O.C.S.O.)
- Mauser, Ulrich, 1926-
- Maximus, Confessor, Saint, ca. 580-662
- Maximus, of Turin, Saint, 4th/5th cent.
- May song
- McDonnell, Thomas P.
- McGinley, Gerard, Dom, O.C.S.O., 1906-1955
- McPherson, M. William, Sr., O.S.B.
- Me and the secular bookhouse
- Meaning of history, The; by Nikolai Aleksandrovich Berdiaev. Notes.
- Meaning of Malcolm X, The
- Meaning of monastic renewal, The; by Daniel William Kucera. Comment.
- Meaning of our giving, The : an unpublished letter of Thomas Merton
- Meaning of satyagraha, The
- Mecca (Polish translation)
- Meditation - action and union
- Meditation in the woods
- Meditation on Adolf Eichmann, A
- Meditationes del Beato Guigo Certosino, Le; by Maria Elena Cristofolini. Aevum 39 (1965) 201-216.
- Meditations with Merton / Nicki Verploegen Vandergrift
- Meeting at Gethsemani. December 4-7, 1967. [Contemplative religious women, Sr. Elaine Bane, O.S.F. and others]
- Meier, Fritz, 1912-
- Memo from monasticism's separated brethren
- Memo on chapter of faults
- Memo: concerning my will and testament
- Memo: ideas to be incorporated somewhere in Trust arrangements, regarding use of manuscript material
- Memorandum : Summary of my position regarding nuclear war and peace
- Memorandum : on monastic renewal
- Memorandum on monastic theology, A
- Memorandum to Capitular Fathers, 1946
- Merle, Vincent de Paul, Fr., O.C.S.O.
- Merton : a biography / Monica Furlong
- Merton : mystic at the center of America / Thomas M. King
- Merton : the silent singer (as broadcast over the CBS television network)
- Merton and Judaism : Holiness in words : recognition, repentance, and renewal / edited by Beatrice Bruteau
- Merton Legacy Trust agreement; and Petition for probate of will and appointment of executor
- Merton on Christmas
- Merton on community (notes on Marshall McLuhan). Transcript of audio recording.
- Merton on faith and violence. Excerpt from various writings.
- Merton plea on nukes: 'Avoid fine moral distinctions.'
- Merton reader. Jacket blurb.
- Merton view of monasticism : seeking God through total love is goal. Extemporaneous talk delivered at Spritiual Summit Conference, Calcutta, India, 22-26 October 1968.
- Merton, Owen Heathcote Grierson, 1887-1931
- Merton's views on non-violence
- Message aux amis de Gandhi, January 31, 1965
- Message from contemplative monks to the synod of bishops on the possibility of man's entering into dialogue with the ineffable God, A
- Message from the horizon, A
- Message of contemplatives to the modern world
- Message of monastic spirituality, The; by André Louf, et al.
- Message of the bells. Excerpt from Thoughts in solitude.
- Message to artists by Pope Paul VI, Sistine Chapel, May 7, 1964
- Message to be inscribed on Mark Van Doren's Hamilton Medal
- Message to poets [from Thomas Merton]
- Messenger from the horizon, A
- Meyer, Dennis, Fr., O.C.S.O. Notes for a eulogy.
- Meyer, Louis, O.S.B.
- Miami you are about to be surprised. Section of The geography of Lograire.
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980
- Miller, William Robert, 1927-1970
- Milton, Camus, and survival
- Milton. Notes. 1966.
- Minotaur's picnic, The. From a verse history of the World.
- Mircea Eliade : a critical observer of the archetypal myth. Review of From primitives to Zen, by Mircea Eliade.
- Miscellaneous notes, 1961.
- Mississippi y Auschwitz
- Miura, Isshū, 1903-
- Modern biographical sketches of Cistercian Blessed and Saints, Book IV; edited by a monk of Gethsemani
- Modern priest looks at his outdated Church, A; by James Joseph Kavanaugh. Statement.
- Modern war : letter to the editor
- Moines et spirituels non Chrétiens II
- Molnar, Thomas
- Monachisme en Islam et chretienté, Le; by Jean Leclercq.
- Monasterios de Benedictines de Galicia, Los; by Maximo Arias. Monastic Studies 8 (1966).
- Monasterios de monjas en Galicia, Los; by Germán Valdés Martínez. Yermo 4 (1966) 51-78.
- Monasterios y monjes en los 'Diarios' de Jovellanos, by Ildefonso M. Gomez. Yermo 4 (1966) 107-213.
- Monasterium-carcer, by Gregorio Penco. Studia Monastica 8 (1966).
- Monastery at midnight. Excerpts from The sign of Jonas.
- Monastery of Christ in the Desert
- Monastery or university?
- Monastic attitudes : a matter of choice
- Monastic book
- Monastic Christianity encounters spirit of Zen
- Monastic courtesy
- Monastic experience and the East-West dialogue : notes for a paper delivered at Calcutta, October 1968
- Monastic formation according to Adam of Perseigne
- Monastic formation and novitiate programs
- Monastic formation; junior professed choir monks. A memorandum.
- Monastic formation; suggestions for experimental project
- Monastic introduction to sacred scripture, A
- Monastic journey, The
- Monastic life at Gethsemani
- Monastic life, The [conference]
- Monastic orientation
- Monastic peace
- Monastic reform : a memorandum
- Monastic reform : memorandum to Pope John XXIII
- Monastic renewal : problems and prospects (for Ed Rice)
- Monastic renewal revisited
- Monastic rule. Notes.
- Monastic situation, The. Notes.
- Monastic spirituality. Notes.
- Monastic theology : a note
- Monastic theology of St. Aelred, The
- Monastic vocation
- Monastic vocation and modern man
- Monastic vocation and modern thought
- Monastic vocation and the background of modern secular thought
- Monastic vows : a memorandum
- Monasticism in a revolutionary world. Notes.
- Monastische Gedanke, Die; by Friedrich Parpert
- Monchanin, Jules
- Monk and hunters
- Monk and sacred art, The
- Monk as a slave
- Monk as marginal man, The
- Monk in the diaspora, The
- Monk today, The
- Monks pond
- Monks, nuns, and monasteries, by Sacheverell Sitwell
- Montée vers la lumière, La. Translated into French by Marie Tadié. [Ascent to Truth. French.]
- More volans aquilae, verbo petit astra Ioannes [woodcut of quote from C. Sedulius (5th cen.)]
- More, Gertrude, 1606-1633
- Morte d'Urban : two celebrations
- Moslem saint of the twentieth century, A : Shaikh Ahmad al-'Alawi
- Moslems' Angel of Death : Algeria, 1961
- Mount Athos
- Mount Olivet retreat house, a proposal for; by Arthur N. BecVar
- Mountain of monks, A
- Muir, Edwin, 1887-1959
- Mumford, Lewis, 1895-1990
- Muntanya dels set cercles, La
- Muste, A. J. (Abraham John), 1885-1967
- My argument with the Gestapo; a macaronic journal
- My campaign platform for non-Abbot and permanent keeper of present doghouse
- My Lord God. Excerpt from Thoughts in solitude.
- My reasons for asking exemption from combatant duty in the army, Under Selective Service law of 1940
- My visits to the secular bookhouse
- Mystery of the church in St. Ignatius of Antioch, The
- Mystery of the presentation. Notes.
- Mystical consciousness and world understanding, The. Journal for the scientific study of religion 4 (Spring 1965).
- Mystical states and regression
- Mystical theology of Saint Bernard, The; by Étienne Gilson. Marginalia transcribed from book.
- Mystical verse : a letter by Thomas James Merton
- Mysticism of The cloud of unknowing, The : a modern interpretation; by William Johnston, S. J. Foreword.
- Mysticism, "Essence" in. Notes.
- Mystics and Zen masters
- Mystique of the Soviet fatherland. Notes.
- Myth and machine : letter to the editor
- Myth of the machine: technics and human development
▲ top |
# | top ▲