Manuscript Titles in the Thomas Merton Collection
Recent additions to the manuscript collections
- Pacem in terris
- Pachomius, Saint
- Pacifism and resistance in Simone Weil
- Paddock, John
- Palestinian monasticism
- Panichas, George Andrew, 1930-
- Paper cranes (The Hibakusha come to Gethsemani)
- Paradise bugged
- Paradise ear, The
- Paraguay missions
- Parker, Harley
- Parpert, Friedrich
- Parra, Nicanor
- Pascal, Blaise, 1623-1662
- Passivity and abuse of authority
- Pasternak affair in perspective, The . [The Pasternak affair, Part III.]
- Pasternak affair, The [Parts I through III].
- Pasternak, Boris Leonidovich, 1890-1960
- Pasternak/Merton : six letters
- Pasternak's letters to Georgian friends
- Paul VI : address on prayer. November, 10, 1965 (translated by Thomas Merton)
- Paul VI, Pope, 1897-1978
- Paulsell, William O.
- Paustovsky, Konstantin, 1892-1968
- Peace : a religious responsibility
- Peace : Christian duties and perspectives
- Peace and protest : a statement
- Peace and revolution : a footnote from Ulysses (for Pax conference, Tivoli, 1968)
- Peace book. Notes.
- Peace in the post-Christian era
- Peace on earth : a Christian responsibility
- Peifer, Claude John, 1927-
- Penco, Gregorio
- Pennington, M. Basil, Dom, O.C.S.O., 1931-2005
- Perfection, Christian
- Peril of nuclear hell spurs peace seekers
- Perpetual daily adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament among the secular priests, The
- Perrin, Henri
- Persian monasticism
- Persian Sufis, The; by Cyprian Rice
- Personal heresy, The
- Personal schedule (Fr. Louis) for hermitage, 1965; and Daily schedule (1943-1949)
- Pessoa, Fernando, 1888-1935
- Peter "Monoculus," Abbot of Igny, then of Clairvaux, d. 1185
- Philosophie bantoue, La
- Philoxenus of Mabbugh. Notes.
- Philoxenus, Bp. of Hierapolis
- Photography of Thomas Merton (various articles and catalogues)
- Picture of a black child with a white doll (Carole Denise McNair, killed in Birmingham, Sept. 1963)
- Picture of a negro child with a white doll (Carole Denise McNair, killed in Birmingham, Sept. 1963)
- Picture of Lee Ying
- Pieces for a liturgical anthology. Notes.
- Pieper, Josef
- Pierre, de Castelnau, d. 1208
- Pierre, de Tarentaise, Saint, 1102-1174
- Pius XII, Pope, 1876-1958
- Place of obedience in monastic renewal, The
- Plague of Camus, The : a commentary and introduction
- Planet over Eastern Parkway, The
- Platform scripture of Hui Neng, The; translated by Wing-tsit Chan
- Plato, The laws. Notes.
- Pleasant Hill : a Shaker village in Kentucky, 1806-1910
- Plessy vs. Ferguson : theme and variations
- Poem written under an archway in a discontinued station, Fargo, N. D., A; by James Wright. Notes.
- Poems from the books "The strange islands" and "A man in the divided sea." Russian translation by Regina Derieva.
- Poems of Nicanor Parra. Translation.
- Poems of Raïssa Maritain. Translation.
- Poesia e la vita contemplativa, La
- Poetry 1931
- Poetry and contemplation : a reappraisal
- Poetry and dharma
- Poetry and the contemplative life
- Poor Clares. Notes [for a conference]
- Poorer means, The : a meditation on ways to unity
- Pope of the Virgin Mary, The
- Post-Hiroshima Christianity
- Pouchet, Robert
- Poverty. Conference notes.
- Powers, J. F. (James Farl), 1917-1999
- Powys, John Cowper, 1872-1963
- Practical norms of sanctity in St. John of the Cross
- Practical program for monks, A
- Prayer and conscience [transcript of a taped conference]
- Prayer and identity [transcript of a taped conference]
- Prayer and the priestly tradition
- Prayer and wholeness [a homily given May 29th, 1968 at the Abbey of Gethsemani's small chapel]
- Prayer as worship and experience
- Prayer for guidance (in art)
- Prayer for peace
- Prayer from The New Man.
- Prayer of Cassiodorus / preface and translation by Thomas Merton; from the treatise "De Anima"
- Prayer of the Church, The : reflections on the theologie of the Divine Office. Essay by Armand Veilleux, O.C.S.O., translated by a Monk of Gethsemani.
- Prayer of trust and confidence
- Prayer of youth in choosing a state of life
- Prayer to St. Anatole
- Prayer to the Most Holy and Immaculate Virgin Mother of God, A
- Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Prayer, draft of a
- Prayer, personalism, and the Spirit
- Prayer, tradition, and experience
- Prayer. Notes on tape.
- Prayer. Notes.
- Praying the Psalms
- Praying with Thomas Merton / by Wayne Simsic
- Pre-Benedictine monachism, series I : Rufinus, Cassian, Saint Pachomius, Saint Basil, etc.
- Pre-Benedictine monachism, series I and II
- Pre-Benedictine monachism, series II : Syria, Persia, Palestine
- Pre-Benedictine monasticism; edited with an introduction by Patrick F. O'Connell; preface by Sidney H. Griffith
- Precious Blood Monastery, Alaska
- Présence a Dieu et a soi meme, by Fr. François de Sainte-Marie, O.C.D. Introduction.
- Presuppositions to meditation
- Prière et silence : le père Fr. M. Joseph Cassant
- Priest and his mission, A
- Priest and worker : autobiography of Henri Perrin, by Henri Perrin. Review.
- Priest in union with Mary Immaculate, The
- Primacy of contemplation, The
- Primer of non-violence
- Primitive Carmelite ideal, The
- Primitives to Zen, From; by Mircea Eliade
- Prince, Raymond (Raymond H.), 1925-
- Principia. Notes.
- Prison meditations of Father Alfred Delp, The
- Problems and orientations of monachism, by Dom Jean Leclercq, O.S.B. [Etudes, May 1964]. Translated into English by Thomas Merton.
- Problems and prospects
- Progress and tradition. Points for talks.
- Project for a hermitage. Fall 1964.
- Prologue : the endless inscription
- Prologue : Why I have a wet footprint on top of my mind. Section of The geography of Lograire.
- Prometheus : a meditation
- Prophetic ambiguities : Milton and Camus
- Proposal for improving the theological curriculum, Gethsemani Seminary - 1950
- Proposed canon on monastic life, by Louis Meyer, O.S.B. American Benedictine Review 17 (1966).
- Prospects of Nostradamus, The
- Protestant approach to Church
- Protestant monasticism. Review of Die Monastische Gedanke, by Friedrich Parpert.
- Psalm 132: a modern monastic revision
- Psalm, A
- Psalms and contemplation, The
- Psalms as poetry, The. Excerpt from from Bread in the wilderness.
- Psalms, The. Excerpt from Bread in the wilderness.
- Psalms. Notes.
- Psychedelic "spirituality"
- Psychedelic review. Comment (concerning new publication) on Editorial, The Psychedelic Review 6 (1965).
- Psychiatry and the problem of religion
- Psychological causes of war, The; by Erich Fromm. Comment.
▲ top |
# | top ▲