Manuscript Titles in the Thomas Merton Collection
Recent additions to the manuscript collections
- Tagore, Rabindranath, 1861-1941
- Taking sides on Vietnam
- Talk of Father Louis to novices and postulants. Loretto. May 15, 1963. Transcribed from a tape.
- Talk to the Novice Masters. 1968.
- Talks on Rilke (Fall-Winter 1965)
- Target equals city
- Tears of the blind lions, The
- Tears of the blind lions, The. French. (Les larmes des lions aveugles.)
- Technique and personal devotion in the Zen exercise, by Heinrich Dumoulin, from Studies in Japanese culture (1963): pp. 17-40.
- Technological society, The
- Technology and hope
- Teilhard de Chardin, Pierre
- Teilhardian wager, The
- Teilhard's gamble : betting on the whole human species
- Tempels, Placide, 1906-
- Temperament and meditation
- Temperature of my own, A
- Temptation of totalism
- Ten poems of Alfonso Cortés. Translation.
- Ter overweging
- Terror and the absurd : violence and non-violence in Albert Camus
- Tescelin, Lord of Fontaines, d. 1121
- Testing of ideals, The
- Tetragrammaton. Notes.
- That earthly paradise -- America. Excerpt from Conjectures of a guilty bystander.
- That old dilemma of good and evil
- Theodoret, Bishop of Cyrrhus
- Theodosius, the Cenobiarch, Saint, d. 529
- Theological basis of the monastic ideal. Notes.
- Theology of creativity
- Theology of hope. Notes.
- Theology of prayer. Notes.
- Theoria to theory
- Therefore choose life
- Third spiritual alphabet, The; by Francisco de Osuna
- Thirty-seven meditations
- This holy time (A pastorale) / Nancy Telfer; texts by Thomas Merton and Howard Thurman
- This is God's work. Transcription from a taped workshop, 1968.
- Thomas Merton / 1915-1968 : excerpts from Commonweal - Contemplative life; Art; Nuclear war; The world.
- Thomas Merton / by Victor A. Kramer
- Thomas Merton : a bibliography / Marquita Breit, Robert Daggy
- Thomas Merton : boy, man and monk / written and illustrated by Gregory Ryan and Elizabeth Ryan
- Thomas Merton : poet, prophet, priest / Jennifer Fisher Bryant
- Thomas Merton and basket weaving. Excerpt from Conjectures of a guilty bystander.
- Thomas Merton and Henry Miller : an exchange of letters
- Thomas Merton appointment calendar, The
- Thomas Merton in search of his soul : a Jungian perspective / Robert G. Waldron
- Thomas Merton o Franjevcima
- Thomas Merton on Cesar Vallejo
- Thomas Merton on Fall. Excerpt from The secular journal.
- Thomas Merton on peace
- Thomas Merton on prayer at Darjeeling
- Thomas Merton on renunciation. Unpublished material from the original manuscript of The seven storey mountain.
- Thomas Merton on spiritual direction. Transcript from taped conference, 1962.
- Thomas Merton Reader, A
- Thomas Merton replies to a perceptive critic : letter to the editors [National catholic reporter]
- Thomas Merton room
- Thomas Merton talks about The small rain by Raymond Francis Roseliep
- Thomas Merton teaches modern man to pray
- Thomas Merton the Franciscan. Selections from the Seven storey mountain.
- Thomas Merton today
- Thomas Merton, my brother : his journey to freedom, compassion, and final integration / essays by M. Basil Pennington
- Thomas Merton's graph evaluating his own books, 1967
- Thomas Merton's last words
- Thomas Merton's New Mexico photographs
- Thomas Merton's practical norms of sanctity in St. John of the Cross
- Thomas Merton's view of monasticism
- Thomas, Aquinas, Saint, 1225?-1274
- Thomas, R. S. (Ronald Stuart), 1913-2000
- Thornton, Martin
- Thoughts in an airliner
- Thoughts in solitude
- Thoughts in solitude. French. [Les chemins de la joie]
- Thoughts in solitude. Preface to the Japanese edition. Nihon gohan e no jobun; Kodoku no naka no shisaku/ Translated into Japanese by Yasuwo Kikama.
- Three founders of Cîteaux, The
- Three French poets in translation : Merton/Char, Troy/Bertrand, Tarn/Segalen
- Three letters: To a Papal volunteer; To a Brazilian friend; To Dorothy Day
- Three Muslim sages
- Three night letters
- Three pillars of Zen, The : compiled and edited by Philip Kapleau; and The Zen Koan, by Isshu Miura and Ruth (Fuller) Sasaki
- Three postcards from the Monastery
- Three prayers : written for Frank Kacmarcik [concerning the vocation of sacred artist, iconographer, or architect of religious spaces]
- Three saviors in Camus : lucidity and the absurd
- Tibud Maclay. Section of The geography of Lograire.
- Tillyard, E. M. W. (Eustace Mandeville Wetenhall), 1889-1962
- Time and the liturgy
- Time and the unburdening and the recollection of the lamb : the Easter service in Faulkner's The sound and the fury
- Time Life Bible
- Time of the end is the time of no room, The
- Tindall, William York, 1903-1981
- To a severe nun
- To Alfonso Cortés
- To each his darkness : notes on a novel of Julien Green
- To live is to love
- To sons: not to be numb
- To the Editor of Jubilee
- To the Editors of the Commonweal
- To the Immaculate Virgin, on a winter night
- Today we live. Script for a film shown at the Vatican Pavilion - New York world's fair.
- Todo y nada : writing and contemplation. Previously unpublished material from a manuscript of The seven storey mountain.
- Tomb cover of Imam Riza
- Tom's book : to Granny with Tom's best love 1916
- Tonight there is a showing of champion lights
- Toward a renewal of eremitism. Appendix III.
- Toward a theology of prayer. Ed. with an introd. by Naomi Burton Stone; transcribed by Patrick Hart, O.C.S.O., from a talk delivered in India, 1968.
- Tower of Babel
- Tradition occidentale. Comment on article, "Saint Augustine as psychotherapist," by Martin Versfield, in Blackfriars 45 (March 1964): 98-110.
- Tragedy of a worker-priest, The. Review of priest and worker : autobiography of Henri Perrin
- Tragedy of Father Perrin, The
- Transcendent experience
- Transcripts of Thomas Merton
- Transformation of man in mystical Islam, The; in "Man and transformation" (1964): 37-68.
- Transformation of man, The : a study of conversion and community
- Transforming union in St. Bernard and St. John of the Cross, The
- Transmission by guru. Notes.
- Trappist speaks on people, priests and prayer, A
- Trappists go to Utah, The
- Trappists make silent martyrs. Excerpt from The waters of siloe.
- Trappists, Working
- Trees, by Joyce Kilmer
- Trial of Pope Pius XII, The. Review of The deputy (Der stellvertreter), by Rolf Hochhuth.
- Tribute to Flannery O'Connor, A
- Tribute to Gandhi, A
- Tribute to greatness. Comment on Dr. Zhivago, by Boris Pasternak.
- Tribute to Rubén Darío
- True legendary sound, The : the poetry and criticism of Edwin Muir. Review of Collected poems, Estate of poetry, and Essays on literature and society.
- True love's novice
- Truth and crisis : pages from a monastic notebook
- Truth and violence : notes on an interesting era
- Tune for festive dances in the nineteen sixties, A
- Turbessi, Giuseppe, 1912-1979
- Twelve poems of Fernando Pessoa; tr. with an introd. by Thomas Merton
- Twentieth century religious thought, by John Macquarrie
- Two articles by Thomas Merton : The root of war [and] Red or dead : the anatomy of a cliché
- Two Chinese classics
- Two Comments : "Sensitivity training" [by Charlotte Buhler] and "The avant garde in the arts" [by Henry Winthrop and Gerald Sykes]
- Two early Cistercian abbots of the Isles : Blessed Christian O'Conarchy of Mellifont, Ireland, and Blessed Waltheof of Melrose, Scotland
- Two Leggings, ca. 1847-1923
- Two Leggings; the making of a Crow warrior / [edited by] Peter Nabokov. Review.
- Two letters of the late Thomas Merton : On the future of monasticism; Buddhist monasticism and meditation
- Two letters on the race question
- Two meditations for our members : the priest in union with Mary Immaculate
- Two more Cistercian Idas : Blessed Ida of Louvain and Blessed Ida of Nivelles
- Two paragraphs from Pacem in terris
- Two photographs
- Two poems by Alfonso Cortés, translated by Thomas Merton
- Two poems by Carlos Drummond de Andrade, translated from the Portuguese by Thomas Merton
- Two songs for M.
- Two tapes for the agencies. Section of Cables to the ace.
▲ top |
# | top ▲