Manuscript Titles in the Thomas Merton Collection
Recent additions to the manuscript collections
- Sacrament of Advent in the spirituality of St. Bernard, The
- Sacramental illumination. Excerpt from The new man.
- Sacraments and orthodoxy
- Sacred and profane. Excerpt from Art and worship [unpublished manuscript]
- Sacred art
- Sacred art and Catholic education
- Sacred art and the spiritual life
- Sacred city, The
- Sacred theology : contemplation [article for the Catholic Encyclopedia for School and Home]
- Sacred theology : hermit life
- Sacred theology : perfection, Christian
- Sacred theology : spiritual life
- Saint Aelred of Rievaulx and the Cistercians
- Saint Alberic : second Abbot of Citeaux
- Saint Anselm and his argument
- Saint Anselm and his biographer
- Saint Augustine as psychotherapist, by Martin Versfield, in Blackfriars 45 (March 1964): 98-110.
- Saint Benedict and the contemplative life
- Saint Bernard et l'Amérique [from Aux sources du silence, French version of The waters of Siloe]
- Saint Bernard, monk and apostle
- Saint Bernard's family
- Saint Bruno, le premier des ermites de Chartreuse, by André Ravier
- Saint Francis and peace
- Saint Gertrude, nun of Helfta, Germany
- Saint Gertrude. Review of Oeuvres spirituelles : I, les exercices, by Gertrude d'Helfta.
- Saint Hugh, Abbot of Bonnevaux near Vienne, France
- Saint Jerome
- Saint John of the Cross
- Saint Lutgarde, nun of Aywières, Belgium
- Saint Maedoc - Fragment of an Ikon
- Saint Malachy
- Saint Malachy "The Irishman"
- Saint Maximus the Confessor on non-violence
- Saint Peter Damian and the medieval monk
- Saint Peter of Castelnau : monk of fontfroide, martyr
- Saint Peter of Tarentaise, first abbot of Tamié, Archbishop of Tarentaise (now Moutiers), France
- Saint Robert of Molesme, 1028 to 1111
- Saint Sharbel, hermit of Lebanon (excerpts from The solitary life)
- Saint Stephen Harding : third Abbot of Cîteaux and founder of the Cistercian order
- Saint. Anselm. Notes for a conference.
- Sainte Moscou, La; by Nikolai Sergeevich Arsen'ev
- Saints Peter and Paul (notes for a sermon)
- Sales figures for various books
- Salet, Gaston, 1891-1966
- Salve Regina. Accompaniment, musical and historical notes; with a meditation on the text by Thomas Merton
- Salvus of Albelda, d. 972
- Sanctity in the epistles of St. Paul. Scriptural course, Abbey of Gethsemani.
- Sandperl, Ira
- Sartre est un boche!
- Sasaki, Ruth Fuller, 1893-1967
- Savage, Charles
- Schedule of Fr. M. Louis. Ca. 1950.
- Schema XIII : an open letter to the American hierarchy
- Schillebeeckx, Edward, 1914-
- Schmemann, Alexander, 1921-
- School of charity, The : the letters of Thomas Merton on religious renewal and spiritual direction / selected and edited by Patrick Hart
- School of charity, The : Thomas Merton on monasticism
- School of the spirit, The
- Schoolboy's lament. Excerpt from a book [The seven storey mountain]
- Scripture and the Cistercian (scripture conference, 1951)
- Seasons of celebration
- Second coming, The. Excerpt from The living bread.
- Secret, Le
- Secular journal of Thomas Merton, The
- Secular saint, The; by Michael Novak (Center magazine 1, July 1968)
- Secular signs
- Seeds of contemplation
- Seeds of contemplation. Dutch. [Ter overweging]
- Seeds of contemplation. Japanese.
- Seeds of destruction
- Seeds of destruction (Sections of manuscript with notes: "The Christian in world crisis" and "Letters in a time of crisis")
- Seeking God
- Seeking our Redeemer
- Seitz, Ron
- Selected poems of Thomas Merton, The
- Selections from Gandhi
- Selections from the Institutes of John Cassian, Abbot of Marseilles (a Gethsemani translation)
- Selections from the Protreptikos / Clement of Alexandria; an essay and translation by Thomas Merton
- Selections on prayer : from the writings of saints and men of prayer, fifth to the twentieth centuries. 1959.
- Selections on prayer. Compiled by Thomas Merton. Gethsemani, 1961.
- Self of modern man and the new Christian consciousness, The
- Self-denial and the Christian
- Self-devoted friend, The; by Marvin Cohen
- Self-knowledge in Gertrude More and Augustine Baker
- Seminar conferences, translations, etc.
- Sensation time at the home and other new poems
- Sensitivity training (FORUM vol 1 n.1 )
- Sensitivity training, by Charlotte Buhler; and The avant garde in the arts, by Henry Winthrop and Gerald Sykes.
- Sentences : words made out of silence [from New seeds of contemplation]
- September, 1949
- Seraphim von Sarow, by Valentine Zander
- Sermon for Dedication of Church - 1951
- Sermon of Isaac of Stella, A; Introduction by Thomas Merton, translated by Sr. Penelope Lawson, C.S.M.V.
- Settlement of the Celtic saints in Wales, The; by Emrys George Bowen
- Seul avec Dieu; La vie érémitique d'après la doctrine du bienheureux Paul Giustiniani ; par Dom Jean Leclercq, préf. de Thomas Merton.
- Seven archaic images
- Seven photographs by Thomas Merton
- Seven qualities of the sacred
- Seven Storey Mountain, The
- Seven Storey Mountain, The / Excerpts (University at Buffalo)
- Seven Storey Mountain, The / Excerpts (University of Kentucky)
- Seven Storey Mountain, The / Excerpts (verso of preface)
- Seven Storey Mountain, The. Preface to the Japanese edition.
- Seven Storey Mountain, The. Catalan. [La muntanya dels set cercles]
- Seven Storey Mountain, The. Danish. [Den store stilhed]
- Seven words (for Ned O'Gorman)
- Sewanee Review
- Seward, Desmond, 1935-
- Shakers, The : American celibates and craftsmen who danced in the glory of God
- Sharing gives value : letter to Amiya Chakravarty
- Shaw, Agnes, Sr., O.S.B.
- Shelter ethic, The
- Shenhui, 668?-760?
- Shoshoneans, The (a review-article)
- Sign of Jonas, The
- Signatures : notes on the author's drawings
- Signatures and autographs
- Signed confession of crimes against the state, A
- Significance of the Bhagavad-Gita, The. Preface to The Bhagavad Gita as it is, by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami PrabhupFada.
- Signs of peace : the interfaith letters of Thomas Merton / William Apel, foreword by Paul M Pearson
- Silence and sign language
- Silence in heaven : a book of the monastic life / text by Thomas Merton; with ninety photographs and many texts from religious writings
- Silent lamp : the Thomas Merton story / William H. Shannon
- Silent life, The
- Silva, Ludovico, 1937-1988
- Simone Weil and the argument of Minerva. Notes.
- Simsic, Wayne
- Sin of sloth : acedia in medieval thought and literature
- Sincerity (omnis homo mendax)
- Sincerity in art and life : a letter of Owen Merton; edited and with an introduction by Thomas Merton
- Singularly attractive scholar, A
- Sitwell, Sacheverell, 1897-1988
- Six night letters
- Six poems (Sewanee Review, 1967)
- Slowly slowly comes Christ through the garden. Section of Cables to the ace, #80.
- Small rain, The; by Raymond Roseliep
- Socialistic education in Mexico (1938-1940). Notes on Covering the Mexican front, by Betty Kirk.
- Sociedad que esta peligrosamente enferma, Una
- Solemn music
- Solitary life in the shadow of a Cistercian monastery
- Solitary life, The
- Solitary life, The : a letter of Guido [I, Prior of the Grande Chartreuse, 1083?-1136]
- Solitary life, The. Transcription of a tape made for the Savannah Carmel.
- Solitary life. Notes.
- Solitary ones, The : monks of the desert
- Solitude and love
- Some bloody mutiny
- Some guidelines for monastic hermits
- Some poems of Raissa Maritain. Translated and with an introduction by Thomas Merton.
- Song : If you seek a heavenly light
- Song : In the shows of the round ox
- Song for nobody : a memory vision of Thomas Merton / Ron Seitz
- Song for nobody, A
- Song for the death of Averroës (from Ibn Al Arabi, after the Spanish version of Asin Palacios)
- Song from Crossportion's Pastoral
- Song from the Geography of Lograire
- Song, A : Sensation time at the home
- Sonship and espousals
- Soul of the apostolate, The / by Jean-Baptiste Chautard, O.C.S.O. Translated into English with an introduction by a monk of Our Lady of Gethsemani [Thomas Merton]
- Sounds are furious, The
- South, Part I : Song from the Geography of Lograire
- Southern, R. W. (Richard William), 1912-2001
- Sowing of meanings, The
- Spidlík, Tomás
- Spirit of man, The : great stories and experiences of spiritual crisis, inspiration, and the joy of life; ed. by Whitney Ewin Burnett
- Spirited debate on poetry, A
- Spiritual consciousness in Zen from a Thomistic theological point of view, by Augustin Hideshi Kishi
- Spiritual dialogue of East and West, The
- Spiritual direction
- Spiritual direction [article for the New catholic encyclopedia]
- Spiritual direction [unpublished draft circa 1956]
- Spiritual direction and meditation
- Spiritual direction in the monastic setting
- Spiritual doctrine of St. Ammonas, The; and The letters of Blessed Ammonas, translated by Brothers Methodius and Chrysostom.
- Spiritual father in Christian monastic tradition, The
- Spiritual father in the desert tradition, The
- Spiritual life [encyclopedia article]
- Spiritual roots of protest, The. Retreat, November 1964. Notes.
- Spiritualité psychédélienne
- Spirituality of the age of overkill
- Splendor paternae gloriae. Fourth century. Translated from the Latin of St. Ambrose by Thomas Merton.
- Split in Christian consciousness, The
- Sports without blood : A letter to Dylan Thomas
- St. Agnes : a responsory
- St. Francis and Prayer of the heart and poverty in St. Francis. Notes.
- Stalin, Joseph, 1879-1953
- Standards for critics
- Starter questions. Notes.
- State of letters, The : a letter from Thomas Merton
- Statement : for Authors take sides on Vietnam
- Statement concerning Thich Nhat Hanh, A
- Statement for Catholic Peace Fellowship (CPF)
- Statement for Der Christ in der welt
- Statement for the French TV on the "Black Revolution"
- Statement of the American bishops on the need for personal responsibility (November, 1960); prefatory note
- Statement on "A modern priest looks at his outdated Church", by Fr. James Kavanaugh.
- Statement on clerical celibacy
- Statement on factory farming, A
- Statement on The Church and the second sex
- Statement on University of Kentucky degree
- Statement to friends - 1966
- Stephen Harding, Saint, d. 1134
- Sting of conscience, The (letter to Graham Greene)
- Store stilhed, Den
- Story of a life, The
- Story of Fr. Dennis, The
- Straits of Dover
- Strange islands, The : poems
- Stranger as anti-hero, The
- Stranger, The
- Stranger, The : poverty of an anti-hero
- Stranks, Charles James
- Street is for celebration, The
- Studies of man's friendly competitor the rat have shown
- Study of good, A; by Kitaro Nishida
- Study of Zen, The
- Study sheet - "The House of intellect" by Jacques Barzun
- Styron, William, 1925-2006
- Subject of meditation. Excerpt from Spiritual direction and meditation.
- Submerged dragon
- Sufis (introduction to Islam and Sufism). Transcript of a recorded conference.
- Sufism. Notes.
- Suggested monastic horarium, A
- Suggestions for the prayer of the faithful
- Supereminent life, The: Selections from the third part of Benet of Canfield's Rule of perfection of the essential will of God practiced in the life supereminent
- Survival or prophecy? : the letters of Thomas Merton and Jean Leclercq / edited by Patrick Hart; foreword by Rembert G. Weakland
- Suzuki project
- Suzuki, Daisetz Teitaro, 1870-1966
- Sweetgum avenue leads to a college of charm, The
- Sykes, Gerald, 1903-
- Symbolism : communication or communion?
- Syrian monastic rules. Notes.
- Syrian monasticism
▲ top |
# | top ▲